Thursday, April 29, 2010

Out ya go...

Yesterday I ran to the post office over my lunch break to mail a package to Way West Texas. Upon my return I noticed something a smidge odd. As I was parking in our parking garage (which is the bottom 7 stories of the building I work in), I noticed a police car, lights flashing, winding his way up the garage. At first it didn't register, then I was like..."Huh...not sure what the purpose of the light INSIDE the garage are." Brush it off grab and elevator.

The elevator stops on floor 7 (top floor of the garage which also doubles as the smokers paradise...gross). A gaggle of women (who stink of smoke, I tried to hold my breath, but I was not a great swimmer, so I didn't get very far on the breath holding) get on and are chattering away.

"When I heard it I thought it was lower...."

"He was really lucky..."

"I thought I heard a boom but..."

My curiosity peaks and I wait for the first round of ladies to depart.

Side note:
My office is on the 29th floor, so it is a rare occasion that I get to ride an elevator alone. Sometimes I take out a book and catch up on some light reading, because there will be several stops on the way to my destination. My favorite is when the elevator stops and no one is there. That just irks me.

"Excuse me ma'am," I say. "Did something happen in the parking garage?"

"Yeah, someone drove out of it."

I think to myself, "kinda the point of a garage isn't it?"

She continues "Sure was lucky he didn't go all the way out, he was on the 7th floor."

Once I return to my office I peer out the East windows to the parking lot 29 stories below and sure enough...there are cops, fire engines & caution tape everywhere with 3 smooshed cars.


And why you may ask were the 3 cars smooshed? The falling brick of course!
From this little incident...she wasn't kidding...he drove OUT of the building, just not the marked exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment