Tuesday, February 23, 2010

oops

Well, again, I have totally slacked in the blogging department...my bad. Since I last blogged the following things have occurred:
1. Continued chaos at work = The rest of December.

2. January at work = normally a slowing and regathering period. January 2010 = not so much on the slowing and regathering...basically continued insanity.

3. Due to #2 (see above)...I have been on the hunt for an assistant to yes, you guessed it...assist. Both myself and other co-workers who are currently buried in the remains of December and are in dire need for air.

4. The parents hit a milestone in January...60 years of wonder...individually, not together, not yet anyway...which they will do, I am sure. Anywho...my nut ball sister and I, both fueled by the other, decided months back to throw a Surprise Dinner Party for their big days. (Their birthdays are just a day apart.) This was a stroke of genius in November. However in January when things didn't so much slow down as anticipated, I was cursing myself and my loving sister. But, we pulled through...had an amazing night...tears...laughs...shocked faces...good food...great wine. All in all a fantastic night. Once we get photos back I will do a post on just that. At least that is my intent at this time.

5. We flew on a Private plane...3 times! Sounds glorious right? My husbands grandfather became ill and we needed to go see him. However, they live 13 hours away in Way West Texas and there is no easy way to get there. Not having a week to take off work to drive...nor the pocket book for the $1500 last minute flights...we were saved by the generous and kind hearts of the people of Texas. Being from Kansas and never having lived in Texas, I don't quite get the whole "Texas is the GREATEST place EVER" thing that I continually hear. Don't get me wrong...it is great, and I do love it...just not gonna tattoo it on myself or anything. However after the experiences I had this month...I am beginning to learn. But as I was saying, a family friend offered to fly us and my husband's cousins from Dallas to their tiny town. And for this I will be ever thankful to this kind soul. My husband was able to have no regrets, see his grandfather prior to his passing & be a support to his dad during this most difficult time. Truly amazing.

6. Welcomed a new niece into our family. Little Gracie graced the world with her presence a few weeks early and is all sorts of fantastic. Little Gracie and her sister Faith live in Way West Texas too and we were able to see them, love on them and soak them up during our time visiting Grandpa. What an experience to hold a new born, full of hope and life and wonder while saying our good byes to an amazing man who lived a life of laughter, faith, family, love and complete honor.

So that's what I've been doing for the past 2 months. And now my friends...I am off. TO MEXICO! WAHOO. It is currently 27 degrees out my window and it is 80 in Mexico. So the hubby and I along with some fantabulous friends...will be hitting the beach, soaking up as much sun & fruity umbrella drinks as possible and gearing up for the next 2 months...whatever that may bring. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment